PLACE AND DATE
The nineteenth annual festival of short film premieres, Cortogenia 2019, will be held between the months of March and December 2019 at the Capitol Cinema in Madrid.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FESTIVAL
Cortogenia is a short film festival held all year long with a series of screenings every two months and a closing gala in December.
CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRATION
• Any producer or filmmaker of any nationality who owns the rights to the films being submitted may participate.
• Cortogenia 2019 will have three categories: NATIONAL SHORT FILMS, INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILMS and BRANDED CONTENT
• For NATIONAL SHORT FILMS all animated films, documentary or live action fiction films produced after June 30th, 2018 shall be accepted. Special consideration shall be given to films that have not previously been released in Spain, and in the city of Madrid in particular (except those shown at the Short Film Festival of the Community of Madrid).
• For INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILMS all animated films, documentary or live action fiction films produced after June 30th, 2017 shall be accepted. Submission fee for International section: 2 €.
• Any short film entered in the NATIONAL or INTERNATIONAL category that has not been selected for the Competitive Section may be proposed by the Cortogenia selection committee for an out-of-competitive session called IMPERDIBLES (“UNMISSABLE”).
• BRANDED CONTENT short films. Any animated, documentary or fiction film produced after January 1, 2017, which as been developed or produced entirely or partially by a brand, either directly or indirectly, to promote the values of said brand, shall be eligible. Submissions of Branded Content short films shall have a fee of €150, which may be paid on the Festhome film submission platform.
• The length of the films may not exceed 45 minutes.
• Each filmmaker or producer may submit as many films desired.
• Films that have been submitted to previous Cortogenia festivals shall not be admitted.
• Participants authorize Cortogenia to use film extracts for circulation on any means of communication in order to promote the festival. Likewise, Cortogenia may use photographs of the films and of their directors, in the press and in other means of communication, as well as for the preparation of the festival’satalogue.
Registration will take place via the festhome website. The appropriate registration form and an uploaded file containing the film are required for pre-selection. Any questions should be directed to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Films that get selected may be sent in DCP format.
Registration deadlines: Until 10 September, 2019.
IMPORTANT: If you want to have more options to be selected, submit your short film as soon as possible.
A selection committee made up of industry professionals will be in charge of selecting the films that will take part in Cortogenia from among all those submitted. The festival staff shall decide on the order and the screening date for each film and reserves the right to change the screening date based on the needs of the competition. The decisions of the selection committee are final.
All selected films will receive two gift codes to watch films using Video on Demand at the website www.feelmakers.com.
PAYMENT FOR SELECTION
All films selected for Cortogenia 2019 shall receive 150€ in payment. The payment shall be paid after each session in competition and an invoice must be submitted.
The short films selected for the IMPERDIBLES section shall receive a payment of 100€.
Juries made up of professionals from the film industry shall choose from all the selected films to award the following official prizes:
INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILMS
BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM CORTOGENIA. To be awarded a trophy.
AUDIENCE AWARD BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM. To be awarded a trophy.
NATIONAL SHORT FILMS
BEST SPANISH SHORT FILM CORTOGENIA. To be awarded a trophy.
AUDIENCE AWARD BEST SPANISH SHORT FILM. To be awarded a trophy.
AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTOR. To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST SCREENPLAY. To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST PHOTOGRAPHY. To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST PRODUCTION DIRECTION, To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST MALE PERFORMANCE, To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE, To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST ORIGINAL SCORE. To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST EDITING. To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST ARTISTIC DIRECTOR To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST SOUND, awarded by Isolé División Sonora. To be awarded a diploma and 2,000€ on live sound services, post-production, events, discography services etc., to be used on the next audiovisual project.
AWARD FOR BEST WARDROBE. To be awarded a diploma.
DISTRIBUTION AWARD, awarded by festhome. To receive a one-year pass for submissions and shipping of the short film to national and international festivals on the platform.
BRANDED CONTENT SHORT FILMS
AWARD FOR BEST BRANDED CONTENT SHORT FILM, To be awarded a trophy.
AUDIENCE AWARD FOR BEST BRANDED CONTENT SHORT FILM, To be awarded a trophy.
AWARD FOR THE BEST SCREENPLAY, To be awarded a diploma.
AWARD FOR BEST DISTRIBUTION AND CONTENT PROMOTION, To be awarded a diploma.
None of the awards may be declared void or given exaequo. The decisions of the jury are final.
SHIPPING AND RETURN OF FILMS
The costs of both the shipping and return the screening prints of the selected films shall be borne by the participants.
AGREEING TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
By participating in Cortogenia, you agree to all sections in these rules and regulations, as well as any decision made by the organization with regard to any problem not provided for herein.
OBLIGATION FOR PARTICIPATION
The person registering the film declares him or herself to be authorized by the production company to provide a print of the film and agrees to the rules of the competition.